Orthodontic Consultation Appointment with Dr. Benjamin Martin
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. The initial visit will consist of a thorough examination by Dr. Martin, including diagnostic photos and a panoramic x-ray, and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
• Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
• Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
• What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
• Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
• How long will treatment take?
• How much will it cost?
• What are my payment options?
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for completing the diagnostic records. In some cases, we are able to put your braces on or take impressions for Invisalign on the same day as your exam.
We value informed consent and we insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, and how long it will take. We will take time to answer any questions that you have. We look forward to seeing you!
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
• Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
• If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information early, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.